In
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/07/2008
   at 02:11 PM, "Leitner, Timothy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>We are exploring different options and the wintel side of the house is
>heading down the totally tapeless path.

What are you backing up? Why? Which tapeless path?

If you have to protect against, e.g., earthquake, fire, flood, backing up
to another disk in the same facility won't help. If you need 10 years of
weekly backups, disk will be far more expensive than tape.

>That makes me nervous but I'm getting old.

In a hostile environment, you get old by being nervous.

>OSF Healthcare System

I'm quite certain that you have legal requirements for records retention.
Your backup strategy should take those into account.