On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:59:47 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I need some suggestions on how to limit where a program (in this instance
SAS) runs.  I know I can write a program that would test for the LPAR name
and then either link to SAS or fail the request.  But what are my other
options?  we are z/os v1.7

RACF program protection with WHEN SYSID.  But you have to make sure
the loadlib can't be read/copied (execute auth only).

JES2 exit 6 to do "something".  That something could be to force a particular
jobclass (if using JES2 init), or scheduling environment for example.

IEFUJV SMF exit.

Scheduling environment with an exit.  But this only works if everyone
plays by the rules.  I would never trust that.

I've used RACF and JES2 exits (and Thruput Mgr) for this sort of thing.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]