I did it by using V TCPIP,TN3270,OBEYFILE,MY.PARMLIB(MEMBER)

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pat Mihalec
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 11:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: TN3270 server OBEYFILE processing?

Since you are now running a second stack you will need to enter the
command with the stack name:
V TCPIP,TCPIP(this is the STC),obeyfile,flat.file.name

Pat Mihalec
Rush University Medical Center
Senior System Programmer
(312) 942-8386
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

David Andrews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
03/14/2008 10:43 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
TN3270 server OBEYFILE processing?

Check me on this, please.  I split out the TN3270 server from the TCPIP
address space a month or two ago, and now I have a need to modify it.
I'd like to do that on-the-fly, and the IP Configuration Guide suggests
that I can.

My concern is that there is no such thing as:
                 V TCPIP,,TELNET,OBEYFILE,<dsname>
but rather
                 V TCPIP,,OBEYFILE,<dsname>
still seems to be available.

If I enter that OBEYFILE command, feeding it the TN3270 TelnetParms and
BeginVTAM blocks, will the TCPIP address space attempt to fire up an
internal TN3270 server?  Or does it already understand that there's an
external TN3270 server running, to which it'll pass the OBEYFILE
commands under the table?

I hesitate to try this out live, so I'd appreciate some advice from
someone who has been there.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.