On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:16:15 -0400, Jim Mulder
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Every SVCDUMP sets the tasks in an address space nondispatchable
>while dumping that address space.  But for an asynchronous dump,
>this is asynchronous with repsect to the unit of work which issued
>the SDUMP macro.

I've reread this and tried applying it to DB2/VTAM dump I was
considering.  The exit code in question is code residing in the DB2
address space executed by VTAM.  VTAM issues the SDUMPX.
Synchronous vs. asynchronous brobably doesn't matter much
in this case.   The exit's unit of work may have stuff it could be
cleaning up on the VTAM side of the interface, but VTAM work in
general is going to keep plugging away.

It sounds like the DB2 address space is going to be made non-
dispatchable in either case.  Hopefully data capture does not take
too long.

Pat O'Keefe