-------------------<snip>-------------------

I admit that I have no experience with this. I am attempting to modify a
TSO command processor that I downloaded from IBM. I am adding a new
"keyword" at the end. I am failing at execution time with the messages:

IKJ56293I RACSEQ2 FAILED - PARSE SERVICE ROUTINE HAD AN INVALID INPUT
PARAMETER BLOCK+
IKJ56293I RETRY, THEN IF ERROR CALL YOUR SYSTEM PROGRAMMER (REGISTER 15
= 12)

The parse code is:

KWXMLDD  IKJKEYWD
        IKJNAME 'XMLDDN',SUBFLD=XMLDDN,ALIAS=('DDN','DDNAME')
        IKJNAME 'XMLDSN',SUBFLD=XMLDSN,ALIAS=('DSN','DSNAME')
        IKJNAME 'XMLPATH',SUBFLD=XMLPATH,ALIAS=('PATH')
XMLDDN   IKJSUBF
XMLDD    IKJIDENT 'XMLDDN',UPPERCASE,MAXLNTH=8,FIRST=ALPHA,            X
              OTHER=ALPHANUM,                                         X
              HELP=('DD name to use for XML output')
XMLDSN   IKJSUBF
XMLDS    IKJPOSIT DSNAME,USID,                                         X
              HELP=('Dataset Name to be used for XML output')
XMLPATH  IKJSUBF
XMLPAT   IKJIDENT 'XMLPATH',ASIS,MAXLNTH=255,                          X
              FIRST=ANY,OTHER=ANY,                                    X
              VALIDCK=VALDPATH,                                       X
              HELP=('UNIX path and file name')

If I remove the SUBFLD and ALIAS from the three IKJNAME macros, I don't
get the parse error. If I put a IKJKEYWD in front of each of the IKJNAME
macros, I don't get the parse error. What I'm trying to do is say that
the command will accept at most one of XMLDDN, XMLDSN, or XMLPATH.

Any TSO gurus left out there that want to admit it?
This is far back in my memory, so firgive me if I'm a bit "blurry" here.

I think that instead of IKJNAME, you want to use IKJKEYWD macros at the beginning. I don't remember exactly how to check for exclusivity; I'll take a look in my old docs. IIRC, you might also use the IKJIDENT macro in that position, eliminating the IKJSUBF entirely.