Thanks everyone's patience, I think I understand more now.

We do have an only one  Service class for TSO, and in the classification
rule for TSO and with default SC is TSO.
WLM recognizes the workload from subsystem,too... All I thought was the
*Selection rule* inside is a MUST, because I thought that's the only way WLM
knows what service class for what workload.

On 3/28/08, Kevin Mckenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 03/27/2008
> 10:27:40 AM:
>
> > Thanks Tom,
> >
> > yes, I can see the same thing in my shop,too.
> > But, when I "Browse" the rule, there's nothing inside. Take "JES" as
> > example, when I browse it inside, there will be rules, I know, they are
> for
> > different type of batch, some will be indentified by "TN", some maybe
> "PFG",
> > or others Identifier.
> > Can I think this way, it is enough that just a *TSO* as you snapped,
> then
> > WLM will know TSO users's transactions...?
>
> When new work is submitted to the system, it has to go through WLM to be
> classified.  One of the characteristics that new work is judged on is the
> subsystem name the work is coming from.  In the case of TSO, the subsystem
> is TSO.  So if you have an entry for TSO, and no rules in there, things
> from the TSO subsystem will be classified to the default service class for
> TSO.  In the case where there's no subsystem defined, it will be
> classified to SYSOTHER, which is essentially discretionary.
>
> Kevin McKenzie
>
> External Phone: 845-435-8282, Tie-line: 8-295-8282
> z/OS BCP SVT, Dept FXKA, Bldg 706/2D38

Cobe Tsui

Best Regards
Performance & Capacity Analyst