>>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at  3:30 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Morris, Carey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> Has anyone else had the
> honor of being blacklisted and, if so, did they receive anything to tell them
> who had blacklisted them?

A client I was working with a few years ago had one of their Exchange servers
mistakenly set up as an open relay.  They were spewing spam at a tremendous
rate, and got blacklisted.  No one told us.  I think what your Exchange admin
was trying to tell you is that in the actual SMTP reject message you got from
the Exchange server should have been something like "550 5.7.1 Email rejected
because 1.2.3.4 is listed by zen.spamhaus.org", as an example.  There are other
possibilities besides spamhaus.org.

Mark POst