From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Miklos Szigetvari
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: z800 to z9 migration

Hi

Do I need to generate a HCD for z9 or can I copy  old to the new CPU ?

Jack Kelly wrote:

>I did a 1.7, monoplex z890 to z9 BC and it was rather painless, once
you
>get the z9 maintenance applied and the HCD generated for the z9. The CE

>can save your LPAR and IOCDS information (at least with the z890).
Making
>sure the re-gen doesn't change the chp to new pchp arrangement too
much-or
>at least have GOOD notes.
>HTH
>
>Jack Kelly
>202-502-2390 (Office)

>send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Miklos Szigetvari

Development Team
ISIS Information Systems Gmbh
tel: (+43) 2236 27551 570
Fax: (+43) 2236 21081

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Info: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hotline: +43-2236-27551-111

Visit our Website: http://www.isis-papyrus.com
This e-mail is only intended for the recipient and not legally
binding. Unauthorised use, publication, reproduction or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted.
no responsibility for malicious or inappropriate content.