Hi

Unforunatly after several years of tests and a number of PMR's etc. etc we think the IBM C++ debugger is unusable for a
complex applications
  We still use a number of "printf"s to debug C++

Bill Klein wrote:

David,
 This note makes it appear that what you are looking for is a C++
application debugger.  I haven't read all of the notes in the thread, but
making this clear in the subject may help getting more responsive replies.
Therefore, I have added "C++" to the subject.

"David Logan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
Hmmm, I find it interesting that I have two votes for IBMs Debug Tool,
which
is completely unusable to me. We write C++ programs here. My main app is
something like 200 object modules.

When I write a "Hello world" test app, fire it up under IBMs debug tool,
it
works great. When I try to debug our actual application, either the size
or
complexity is such that it just hacks up hairballs and dies.

So I have filled my sources full of DEBUGX lines that I turn and off by
module, and debug in batch via what turn out to be CEEMSG's.

So are there viable alternatives to IBMs debug tool, or is this the one?
If
this is the one, I will have to give it another go so that I can explain
in
detail how it behaves badly.

David Logan
Manager of Product Development, Pitney Bowes Software, Inc.
http://centrus.com