Walt Farrell wrote:
That would allow an authorized program to load a module from an otherwise
unauthorized STEPLIB.  It won't let you actually start running something as
APF authorized, though.   Getting something to start running authorized
requires use of a function like IKJEFTSR, or TESTAUTH.

While I haven't tried this under z/OS, I can assure you that it works quite well under all earlier systems I used it on, from MVS to OS/390. Obviously it's unfit for use on a production system, as the auditors would have fits, but it saves a lot of time on a sandbox.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT