STOP, Ed!  It's too hard to clean the morning coffee off the keyboard. :-)

Cheers,,,Steve

Steve Conway
Lead Systems Programmer
Information Systems & Services Division
Computer & Network Operations
Phone:   (703) 450-3156
Fax:        (703) 450-3197

   Edward Jaffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
   04/14/2008 05:43 PM
   Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Specialty Engine Prices

Ted MacNEIL wrote:
>> I was quoted a list price of (IIRC) $250K for an ICF, while zIIPs were
priced at $95K, and I had quite a discussion with them on the matter.

> At the last presentation I was at (about a year ago), I was told they
were all the same, IIRC.
> But, I could be wrong.

An ICF costs more than other specialty engines. (I double-checked with
my rep last week on this.)

I presume the reason is that an ICF engine has more moving parts and
precision components forged from precious metals -- requiring higher
manufacturing costs. These costs are passed on to the consumer in the
form of higher prices... :-D  ;-) O:-)

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc