On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:15:33 -0400 "Craddock, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>Binyamin said
:>> :>That's all I've collected so far.  Are there more ways?

:>> DEBAPFIN

:>> SVC screening.

:>Pardon? Modifying the APF bit isn't going to do you any good in an
:>address space that is already running since AC(1) is only relevant for
:>job step tasks. You would have to already be running in key zero to
:>alter it after the fact anyway, so chicken meets egg.

It will allow you to run programs from an unauthorized library if you are
authorized.

:>Likewise with SVC screening; That requires building an SVC screening
:>table in LSQA and storing the address of the SVC screen table in the
:>TCB, so again it would require pre-conditioning by a key zero supervisor
:>state program.

It allows a specific non-authorized task to issue MODESET without impacting
any other task.

:>AFAICT the OP wants to know how to run a Rexx exec in an authorized
:>state so it can in turn call compiled code that requires authorization.
:>Leaving aside the advisability of doing that, if it was going to require
:>a serious amount of setup ahead of time, then why not just wrap the
:>necessary functions inside of a PC or SVC and be done with it?

That is the best approach.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com