On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:44:38 -0700, Schwarz, Barry wrote:

>While Microsoft is closer to Bellevue than it is to the Pacific Ocean,
>it is no more in the former than it is on the shore of the latter.
>
>I wonder who should be more offended: the city of Bellevue whom you
>accuse of harboring the evil empire or the city of Redmond whom you just
>deprived of its largest employer

Well, if either city takes offense I won't lose a wink of sleep.  Neither will
I lay
awake an extra moment if the evil empire itself takes offense.  Far too much is
made these days with offense being taken.  Harrumph indeed.

But you are correct: Redmond is the Death Star's home.  Bellevue just
happens to share the area code (and more than a few homes for the Storm
Troopers, making the mistake somewhat more understandable - especially from
this distance).

(If it were only that easy to deprive that specific city of its largest
employer!
That would be worth losing a few winks pondering.)

--
Tom Schmidt