Tommy,

Why don't you put AUDIT on the source file and see who touches it for READ?

IIRC,  IND$FILE might be possible to track if you had a product like MXG or
SOFTAUDT or MICS and the access was to the mainframe.  Is there a specific way
they are invoking IND$FILE?  From a PC or from the mainframe?

Lizette