> We are trying to get a copy of a platter from one site and test it at
> another site to test D.R. What I thought was using the RECOVERY command I

> could take the original to test.

Is that not the reason for backup2? Doing a movevol or recovery will cause
you to lose track of the objects on the existing platter. These are
intended to free up or retire a platter. I don't know of anything that
would let you clone an optical platter which seems to be what you want to
do.
Sorry,
John