From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Zaromil Tisler
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 2:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ipsf HIGHLIGHT option

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:31:59 -0700, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>Interesting. I also use 62x142 with a modified color scheme. My
>background is light gray -- I found white a bit too harsh. Never thought
>to turn on the cross hairs. (I might try that for a while to see how I
>like it.)

I find light beige background quite acceptable for my eyes. I use cross
hairs
too, found that very helpfull searching syslogs and netlogs.

>I pretty much never lose track of my cursor -- *especially* not during
>FIND. I love the highlighting because that way I don't have to
>painstakingly poke F5 over and over to position to each "hit" on the
>screen. I can see them all with a single FIND command and the cursor is
>always on the first one. (Sounds like a "world class" software feature
>to me! :-)  )

If you exclude all lines and then enter

     find <string> all

it can be quite annoying if you do not use the next "world class" software
feature:

     reset find

--
Zaromil