From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chase, John
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 11:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: FW: ServerPac 3592 cartridge without bar code.

Forwarded on behalf of a colleague....

> We ordered a z/OS 1.9 ServerPac on 3592 media. IBM shipped the
> cartridge without a bar code.
>
> We are using a 3584 Automatic Tape Library which requires an external
> bar code label.
>
> We tried the process from the TS3500 Operator Guide (GA32-056-03) page
> 77 - "Assigning a Volume Serial (VOLSER) Number to a Tape with an
> Unknown VOLSER". However when we attempt to use the tape we get:
>
> CTTCBR14: VOLUME: M249AA IS CURRENTLY IN EJECT PROCESS  648
>
>            PLEASE RESPOND TO CTTCBR12 MESSAGE
>

>    Msg CTTCBR14 is issued by exit CBRUXVNL when a mount
>    message is issued for a volume that is currently in eject process
> from
>    the automated tape library.

________

As an alternative, how large a download is a "typical" z/OS 1.9
Serverpac via electronic delivery?

TIA,

    -jc-

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.