You need to continue this discussion in IBM-MAIN.

Within a SELECT statement, only the first WHEN clause that evaluates
TRUE will be executed.

     Your SELECT statement starts with test against POOL_GDAPP.  Five
WHENs later is the first test (against VALUNIT) that might result in
assigning a non-SMS volume.  However, you claim that that the allocation
specified 3390 units so this test should fail.

     The next test checks the VOLSER.  You didn't tell us what the
allocation specified, if anything.  If the allocation specified one of
the volumes that matches VOL_NONSMS, then the dataset will not be SMS
managed.

     The same point is true for the next test against VOL_BANQ.

     Ten tests later you test against DSN_MISNT.  This test checks for a
subset of datasets whose HLQ is TEST.  If it is true, the dataset will
not be SMS managed.

     Finally you test against GDVX_DSN.  This test will catch any
remaining datasets whose HLQ is TEST.  If it is true, the dataset will
be assigned to an SMS volume.

You need to look at the allocation request (probably in the JCL) and
determine which WHEN is the first to evaluate TRUE.  That will tell you
why the dataset is or is not SMS managed.  It would also be worth
checking if the ACS routine you posted is the one in actual use.  If you
still cannot resolve the problem, post the complete DD statement or
other source of the allocation.