From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Peterson
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 5:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IND$FILE question

Are you using the same terminal emulator?  It is up to the terminal
emulator whether to move the cursor to the HOME position, or leave the
cursor exactly where it was when the file transfer was initiated.  Maybe
the terminal emulator has an option for the user to select the cursor
starting position.

Are you using different ISPF option 6 screens?  The normal one is
ISRTSO, but you can set up your ISPF to use ISRTSOA (which provides a
command line).
History on ISRTSOA only applies to the TSO command history, not the
command line above that.

I always tell my people who have trouble with IND$FILE that it always
works correctly from TSO READY.  It will *sometimes* work from ISPF
option 6, but it will *always* work from TSO READY.  I've seen problems
where the data set name was really long and the command was truncated
(when using ISPF option 6) and the same transfer command works perfectly
when started from TSO READY.  Of course, there's no history in TSO READY
like ISPF option 6.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Brian