On Sun, 11 May 2008, Len Rugen wrote:

> Yes Sonny, back in the old days, we scanned CICS screens backwards,
> changing invalid fields red, setting the valid fields to askip and
> putting the cursor in invalid fields.  When the edit was done, the
> cursor would be in the first field the user needed to fix.  I hate web
> pages that say "Correct errors in red"  If the error is a blank, you
> can't find it.  With our technique, you knew which fields were invalid
> because those are the only ones tab would find.

I think that this sort of think would be possible using AJAX. But AJAX
requires that Javascript be enabled in the user's browser. And many don't
like that due to the possibility of decreased security. I know that I use
the Firefox extention to stop Javascript on most sites. I don't think that
MS's Internet Explorer has anything like that. I don't know about other
browsers such as Safari or Opera.

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: An EIN stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown