On 13 May 2008 00:33:58 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Martin
Packer) wrote:

>"OLD" is about the right word for it... Firefox, at least, has plenty of
>control over such things. As with all such things I have to give IE the
>benefit of the doubt (as I almost never use it) and assume it had a grip
>on it too.

I'm working on a big project that uses PowerPoint.   When I use
Firefox, I don't need to give my password a dozen times per session,
but I do have the download window full.

Unfortunately, I can't check out documents with Firefox.   Microsoft
makes sure I need to use I.E.    So I make Powerpoint the home URL, as
I don't use I.E. for anything else.

It is a very clumsy system that I haven't yet figured out how to make
work well.