----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Mulder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: Healther checker documentation

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 05/16/2008 12:46:13 AM:
I was going to say "obviously you haven't read the Diagnosis: Tools and Procedure book. It contains quite funny sentences at the start of each chapter". Unfortunately, when I just looked, they're all gone!!!! It is still in the old os/390 R10 books.

Those were sentences like for standalone dump "Like a trip to the dentist. . . you only go when you have to, and you know it's gonna
hurt".
Or: "SVC dump is like a burglar alarm. . . . It lets you know something's wrong and helps you pinpoint where it started." "Component trace is like a Swiss Army Knife: a lot of little tools built into one."

Now who took that humour back out?!?

I had something to do with that. My concern is that system programs are usually reading that book at a time when they are dealing with the gravity of some problem, and may not be in a mood to appreciate its opposite, levity.

Jim,

There's an old saying about people who can't take a joke ;-)

Regards,
Tom Conley