From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Server Pac Issues with z/OS V1.9 SB37 SYSUT1 and other stuff

I just wanted to let everyone know of an issue I had with the Serverpac
Install.  First, YES - I did not read the PSP.  So it is not a surprise
I made a small miscalculation.

In Dec 2007 there was a fix that was release for GIMUNZIP.  It has to do
with SB37 abends on SYSUT1 during the Unzip of a PDS/E (POE) data set.
Apparently IBM has hardcoded in the GIMUNZIP process how much space to
dynamically allocate for SYSUT1 when recreating the PDS/E data set from
teh archive file.  This is what causes the SB37.  The SCEEMOD2 data set
is much bigger today than under z/OS V1.7.

So I had to install the following fixes  UO00674  UO00678   and UO00649.

Once I had these installed and added (apf' authorized) to the RECEIVE
JOBLIB statement, everything is running much better.

There are two issues that I will bring up with IBM at the next Share I
attend.  Why is this hardcoded and not part of an ARCHDEF control card
statement?  And two, we have FASTCOPY (PDSMAN) in shop.  I have to
manually add the JCL statement //FCOPYOFF DD DUMMY to all steps before I
submit.  Otherwise I get bad errors when FASTCOPY tries to work on PDSE
data sets.

Anyway, so much for not reading.

Lizette

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html