WLM managed Init's?
IIRC, Jobs are placed in queue in FIFO order within Service Class.

<snip>
The thing is, a JES2 supported solution, it seems to me, would be
both ideal and easy to implement. Here's my idea:

(1) support a //card option or a /*card option by which a user could
provide an arbitrary serialization name. Example: /*JOBPARM
THREADNAME=xyz. Use this name on each job in the thread.

(2) Run the threaded jobs into a reader in the same order that you
want the jobs to run. (Allow subsequent SUBMITs to add to a thread,
if desired.)

(3) The first converter to pick up one of the threaded jobs will
always pick up the first one.

(4) When that converter sees the thread name, it takes ownership of
that thread such that all other converters will refuse to process
jobs having that same name.

Then, of course, the jobs would be queued for execution in the same
order by which they were read, and if only one initiator ware
assigned the thread's execution class, then they would, in fact,
execute in that same order
</snip>