From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chase, John
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:10 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: z/OS 1.9 - STC userIDs - RACF OMVS segments

Hi, All,

We just IPLed z/OS 1.9 in the "sandbox", and among the "new stuff" we
noticed was an ICH408I message for the TMON userID not having READ
access to BPX.SUPERUSER.  After "fixing" that, I issued a LISTUSER
tmonID OMVS and discovered that it doesn't have an OMVS segment (its
default GROUP _does_ have one with a GID).

With z/OS becoming ever more tightly integrated with the UNIX side of
things, might it be wise to create OMVS segments for all STC userIDs
now?

Corollary question:  Are there any UNIX-y things more-or-less "commonly
used" in z/OS that WILL NOT RUN without UID = 0?

BTW, ISPF option 3.17 looks to be "really handy".  Thanks, IBM.

TIA,

    -jc-

intended
information.