I want to thank Mark Jacobs and Mark Zelden and everyone else for their help
both on and off list while I got my hands around the zFS functions in z/OS

I was able to successfully IPL my z/OS V1.9 Serverpac yesterday with all zFS
files for USS.  So I went from all HFS to all zFS without issue so far.

What I learned from this is that I need to address the naming convention for
these files.  Since they are now vsam I need to look at a better way of
naming then other than SYS1.&SYSNAME.OMVS.ETC.NEW and
SYS1.&SYSNAME.OMVS.ETC.OLD.  I really liked Mark Jacobs convention of adding
the SYSRES volser to the name to keep them unique and in alignment with the
Sysres volume being IPL’d.

I next have to understand some other basic concepts like copying them from
one volume to another.  Currently I am using FDR with NEWNAME, but I would
like to use something more like copytree or pax.  But that will take a bit
more reading and playing on my part.

I will also need to understand how growing the aggregate for a USS file
affects the z/OS USS environment.

The z/OS V1.9 Serverpac USS files took up a bit more than ½ of a 3390 Mod9.
I was hoping to lay two sets down on the same mod9.

Thanks again to everyone who helped.  It was (and still is) very much
appreciated.

Lizette