Larry, I noticed no one has answered your question, so I contacted our EMC
SRDF guru and this is his response.  Hope this helps.

<quote>

There is no 'Group Level' for specific volumes or using the VOL command per
se -
But there is an easy way to accomplish this operation.

First, the direction is set in the stc EMCRDF in the DD RDFPARM
DSN=HLQ.SRDF550.SAMPLIB(RDFCFG0)
Right now you're set and limited to R1>R2.

On a typical installation, you set “SYNCH_DIRECTION_ALLOWED=R1<>R2”
You may read up on SYNCH_DIRECTION_INIT after this change. Default is none.

Be sure to give the stc EMCRDF a bounce to pick up the configuration change.
Then you can use the SC RDFGRP commands to control the direction of the RA
Groups

Example:
>SC RDFGRP,08,0001,SYNCH_DIRECTION,R1>R2,
Where "08" is the RA Group number
            "0001" is an MVS volume number - just about any will do, it's used
as
a gatekeeper.

Use something that's on that box, preferably one that's not in another RA
group.
Once this is set, be sure to check the direction of your other RA groups as
well.

<end quote>