From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Richbourg, Claude
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:10 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Disappearing Master Catalog entries.

This is a strange one and I just opened a PMR with IBM.

Scenario:
I have a three lpars, one at z/OS 1.9 and two at z/OS 1.7.
The 1.9 system is our sandbox area and I am starting the clone of the
test lpar to be at 1.9.

The driving system has been the sandbox 1.9, which the new master cat is
connected to. Catalog work was done building it for the 1.9 system
datasets, vsam using the SYS5 alias.
The new mastercat was disconnected and import connected to the test 1.7
system. Using an alias of SYS5 to pick up vsam files, then do an
alter/rename. I noticed some of the files; both ps and vsam were missing
from the new mastercat, just a few. LOGREC, PAGE, SYS1 custom files....

I discovered this when I was using the New Era product, Image Focus. It
simulates an IPL to test basic structure, dsn's and so forth.

Has anyone seen such strange behavior? I also had a PAGE.....DATA file
that would not show up on the IDCAMS listcat ALL job. I tried to rename
a SYS5.PAGE...DATA and it show up with return code 12, duplicate data
set.

I got the good folks at DINO software involved and we found the hiding
entry in the new master cat and deleted it. Fine for that one dsn but
more are 'disappearing'!

Straching my head...
Claude

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html