On 12 Jun 2008 10:10:27 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Pinnacle) wrote:

The OP clearly shows that people overseas are not as skilled (even more skilled? That's a joke).

The OP clearly shows that the person replacing him is not as skilled as he should be. But even that person might be smart enough not to generalize from one data point. I can find nothing in the original post that denigrates an entire country's people.

At one time when we sysprogs were overworked, a consultant was brought in to update an SMF exit. He made numerous elementary mistakes. After about 2 weeks, I finally got time and updated the program in about 6 hours. During those two weeks, the consultant was working on it constantly and had had at least 5 IPLs to test his changes. We ended up not paying him for his time. He was American. Should we now generalize about the skill levels of Americans?

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com