Neil Duffee wrote:
This line of inquiry (among others) focuses on JES2's internal readers.
We suspect processes generating e-mail to students with a 1-1 ratio of
jobs to messages ie. 1 job=1 e-message, using SYSOUT=(*,INTRDR).  (We're
also pursuing multi-step jobs since $HASP050: >90% JNUM has already been
encountered.)  In a given scenario, we could have 200+ jobs with e-mail
(bulk to a large class) directed at INTRDR while WLM is trying to start
1-5 Stored Procedure address spaces via STCINRDR.

So, the question is, presuming it's already working on INTRDR, how does
JES2 contend with this load?  Are all the jobs in INTRDR converted then
JES2 switches to STCINRDR?  Does STCINRDR have precedence for JES2 and
INTRDR is interrupted at the next JOB card?  Are they simultaneous with
their own TCBs?  Curious minds would like to know.  (or even hear
speculation...)

I'm assuming your JES2 is also at z/OS 1.7 level.

I suspect your problem doesn't lie in INTRDR processing. As of z/OS 1.7 JES2 internal readers are processed in the address space that allocates them--you can't even specify how many there are. So "their own TCBs" is "yes".

Bob