We're always behind the curve, so I'm just using extended format(EF).  I'm
trying to replace the  Stop x37/DIF methodology with EF. I'm using EF for
x37 reasons, not striping or greater than 4GB, and access is via QSAM.
Other than the candidate entries for each dataset is there any major draw
backs, eg HSM, FTP'ing, restoring? And will an EF mutivolume dataset be
restored to a single volume if it's copied or HSM recalled?

Doing some testing, I did find one thing that has me puzzled. I created a
trk=(1,1) EF dataset and the EOV routine got control after 149 extents on
two volumes. It allocates the 123 extents on one volume and then 26 on the
second volume, there was plenty of room on the second volume as the next
test indicated. I removed the EOV exit and it wrote 123 extent on each of
the three volumes.

Jack Kelly
202-502-2390 (Office)