From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Rick Fochtman
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 4:16 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Another difference between platforms...

----------------------------<snip>-----------------------

>On all I concur...
>
>Their development platforms are just as bad.
>
>I remember a PC project I worked on somewhere around the tail end of the
90's, a pretty big one at that.  By the time project was complete, the
development environment and platform had changed under our feet.  I was so
pissed because we couldn't just leave the project on the older platform,
which caused us a few months delay.  I just shook my head wishing I had a
baseball bat so I can put it use on the head of someone at MS. WTH were
these folks thinking?

>Last year I was called in to solve a connectivity/IDMS/DB2 problem of a
home-grown VB application that connected with the mainframe DB platforms
using Shadow.  Turns out the ODBC driver was updated on a couple of
workstations and the app stopped working.  The only solution...?  Recompile
and rebind everything related to the app that ran on those workstations.

>I would like to say "don't get me started", but unfortunately, I
>already am... :(
>
>Calm down, Green...  Calm down....

Pop a handful of Valium and start planning that mid-summer fishing
trip............. Get you mind on something you enjoy. :-)