In a message dated 7/10/2008 9:54:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

where somebody might say, "gee, why not spend $c < $a+$b to develop  the
software on the new platform?" This question needs to be answered  in
"management speak" and not "techie speak". And the only reason that  I
can think of would be "risk avoidance". But is "risk avoidance"  worth
the cost ($a+$b-$c)? We've done similar things here and been told  "go
ahead" despite the risk. Sometimes it has worked fine, other times  we
were left with a mess.

Isn't this a contract issue? Maybe ought to  flush out on John Anderson's
ISVCOSTs list. One of our bright VM'ers has been  doing clean-up from a shaky
conversion of one of S.D.'s neighbors for over  three years at IBM contract
rate.
Loves it except for the sub-zero  winters.