>Is it possible that Lindy needs to add translation tables
to ISPF?

I acknowledge my ignorance wiht this ISPF topic. I still
don't have a clue what this translation behind the various
terminal models is intended for. Is it a relict from the
time when real 3270 terminal were standard? Isn't this
obsolete today when everybody is using terminal emulator
software?

Is it correct that this translation is only applied when
displaying data on the terminal but not when writing
data from the terminal? (This is at least what I seem to
see). What does it translate? I tried several combinations
ISPF terminal type vs. emulator-CP but the more I try the
more it confuses me.

I admit that, for once, I'm too lazy to RTFM. So if anyone
is willing to briefly explain a case, I'd appreciate. Otherwise
I'll add it to my "for a lazy rainy sunday" to-do list.

--
Peter Hunkeler
CREDIT SUISSE