===== Begin paste ==========
20.1.2 Name Field

Code a jobname on every JOB statement, as follows:

Each jobname must be unique.

The jobname must begin in column 3.

The jobname is 1 through 8 alphanumeric or national ($, #, @) characters. If
your system uses ANSI tapes, the jobname must contain only alphanumeric
characters; it must not contain national ($, #, @) characters.

The first character must be alphabetic or national ($, #, @).

Thus, it appears that jobnames beginning with a numeric userID would fail
immediately.

    -jc-