Maybe this was already mentioned inthe thread, but I've been
verifying effects of the  changes to "Terminal type" by looking
at the output from man commands issued from an ISHELL panel
(in addition to viewing the macros mentioned).  Square brackets
look great there.  But not so the square brackets I enter from my
keyboard.

I'm using PComm with "Session parameters - Host Code-Page" set to
1047.  It was probably mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I
don't know if that specification effects both keyboard mapping and
display or just display.

>The square brackets that display correctly are x'AD' and x'BD'.

These are their code points in CP1047. This is the default for
the z/OS UNIX shell and utilites. So, as long as the terminal
emulator is set to CP1047, they'll show up as expected.

>The square brackets from PComm are x'B0' and x'6A'.

I've seen the brackets assigned to various code points in
various code pages, but I could not find the code page that
maps then to x'B0' and x'6A'. Does anybody know which code
page this might be?

>I know I can change the keyboard mapping.

Sure, but as far as PComm is concerned you would use the keyboard
mapping tool and there you only assign characters "visibly", i.e.
you select from a list or you type them in. I've not seen a place
where you can specify a hex value to be sent.

IHMO, PComm will use the current Windows code page for the ASCII side
(i.e. your keyboard) and the Host Code Page setting to translate from
the character typed to the hex value to be sent to the host.

If you open the keyboard utility, what character is shown as being the
character assigned to the "bracket" keys? '¬' and '¦'?

--
Peter Hunkeler
Credit Suisse