.re
>I agree 100%. Unfortunately, too many organizations depend on a "college
>degree", rather than any demonstration of good sense or experience. Any
>dummy with a MBA (which really means very little) can get a job in
>management of nearly any organization

This reminds me of a contract I did once back in the 80's.  Although I was not
qualified enough to be hired by a certain company because I did not have a
college degree, I was qualified enough to charge them an arm and a leg to teach
their BA's and MBA's how to write software, in COBOL no less, how to read
dumps, how to design software, how to code JCL, heck, how to think!etc...

While I was a bit ticked when they turned me down for a fulltime job, the year
before, I felt vindicated when they had to contract with me to teach those that
were "more educated".