> Ken Leidner wrote:
> > I have a tape dataset cataloged over 10 years ago with a very strange -

> > invalid name.  I am not sure how it was created, but I would like to
> > remove it from the catalog.  The tape has scratched years ago and I
> > found this odd dataset name and would like to remove it from the
catalog
> > without having to zap the catalog to change its name first.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > I have tried;
> >
> > In TSO a DELETE 'P.FSPOL.SBHF38AA(0)' noscratch
> > IKJ56709I INVALID DATA SET NAME, 'P.FSPOL.SBHF38AA(0)'
> >
> > ISMF doesn't even find the dataset, even when looking for a prefix of
> > the dataset name (like 'P.FSPOL.SB*.**’)
> >
> > Running IEFBR14 in batch gives
> > //STEP0    EXEC PGM=IEFBR14

> > //DD1  DD  DSN='P.FSPOL.SBHF38AA(0)',DISP=(OLD,UNCATLG)
> >
> > IEF212I CJ4130BT STEP0 DD1 - DATA SET NOT FOUND

If the entry is the only one with the first two nodes of P.FSPOL, you might
be able to delete it with idcams:
DEL P.FSPOL.*
This will delete any catalog entry with three nodes and the first two nodes
are P and FSPOL (use with care!)
If you have other three node catalog entries that start with P.FSPOL, you
probably need to use something like mainstar or trex to get rid of the
entry.
Regards,
John