On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:41:49 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>We are z/OS V1R9. I am not sure how this happen, but I have an
un-cataloged dataset on an SMS managed volume. It won't let me delete this
dataset because it is un-cataloged (it wont let me do anything with it since
it is uncatalogued). Is there an easy way to delete this dataset. I tried
using ISMF and it gives me the same result.

>You should be able to catalogue it -- the simplest being through ISPF 3.4.
>Then you can do whatever you want with it.
>-

ISPF 3.4 (nor IEFBR14) won't work for an SMS controlled data set.

OTOH, DEFINE NONVSAM RECATALOG probably would.    But if
DELETE is the goal, DELETE NVR or ISMF DELETE is the way to go.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]