From: Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: question for C experts - strcpy vs memcpy (fwd)
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 12:57 AM

>Thanks to all for your thoughts.
>And especially to David for doing a quick test for me.

I honestly cannot believe that people are still 'optimising' CPU.

Unless you call major chunks of CPU-intensive code, you are not going to find
enough savings to buy a beer.

I/O, even with today's faster hardware, is where you should be
concentrating.
Especially, on non-Mainframes.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!