On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:06:42 -0500, Tom Eden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We currently use JOBTRAC as our scheduler and are planning to move to CA-
>ESP.  The question has come up about audit reporting.  The attachment
>shows the JOBTRAC report that is available and the audit trail log that comes
>out of the ESP started task.  We have been told that the information is not
>capture in a way that allows reporting similar to JOBTRAC.  The JOBTRAC
>report is currently used in meeting SOX requirements.  I am wondering what
>are people doing in the CA-ESP environment for this.

You may want to be a bit more specific about the aspects of production job
scheduling "audit reporting" that are important to your enterprise.  Some
topic / function areas that come to mind are:

- system and job schedule updates (workstation and batch)
- prod schedule overrides, cancellations, suspensions
- job / event triggers
- job / event delays
- all workstation and batch event activity with LOGIN/USERID info
- Jobstream JCL changes made within job scheduler facilities
- system/job/event database updates

Each of these items, ideally, would be prefixed with a message number, for
identification and explanation (okay, might be wishful thinking), along with
date and time (in each record -- not when the date first changes which is
PITA to track, frankly).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.