Hunkeler Peter (KIUK 3) wrote:
Knowing that, then here's the series of commands I recommend
you issue, starting at ISPF 6:

  ==> oput 'BRASIL.ZOS.CONTEST.JCL(DATA1)' '/data1' binary

  ==> omvs                            (you are put into UNIX)

  ==> iconv -f ibm-1047 -t iso8859-1 data1 data2
  ==> exit                  (you leave UNIX, return to ISPF 6)

  ==> oget '/data1' 'BRASIL.ZOS.CONTEST.JCL(DATA1)' binary

Since your advice is to do the conversion from the UNIX shell,
why not do everything from there? A lot less troubles to be
expected.
What will likely be the next error reported by Claudio? I bet
it'll be:

iconv: FSUM6180 file "data1": EDC5129I No such file or directory.

Why? He posted:
  THE OPENING OF HFS FILE /DATA1

See the upper case in the file name?

Yes, I figured that was the next thing to come up.

I'd suggest:

1) OMVS to start a UNIX shell. Or, if available, better use
   telnet, rlogin, SSH to log into UNIX.
2) cp "//'BRASIL.ZOS.CONTEST.JCL(DATA1)'" data1
3) iconv -f ibm-1047 -t iso8859-1 data1 > data2
   don't forget output redirection (>)!
4) cp data2 "//'BRASIL.ZOS.CONTEST.JCL(DATA1)'"
5) ctrl-d   or   exit  to leave the shell
   (or just keep the session around if using
    telnet, rlogin, SSH, you might need to try once
    more :-)

I like it. I still think he needs to have his own
home directory, however. I was trying to take it
one step at a time to discover his environment.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==