<previous notes "snipped">

With all the posts, I don't know if anyone has actually posted the
references for the full discussion on this topic in existing Migration
Guides.

If you previously used the OS/VS COBOL run-time library, please read:
   http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/igy3mg40/3.2.4

If you previously used the VS COBOL II run-time library, please read
   http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/igy3mg40/3.3.4

As I *think* that previous notes from the  OP indicated that the application
had the following "flow" to it:
  Enterprise COBOL -> Assembler -> OS/VS COBOL

and I still haven't heard whether the Assembler is LE enabled or not and
exactly HOW the Assembler "calls" (loads? whatever?) the OS/VS COBOL
program, then you should also read

http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/igy3mg40/APPENDIX1.4.2