You don't say what programming language (much less what release/version of a
compiler) you are using.

If you are talking about COBOL, it is entirely possible to put as much or as
little as you might want - from either the Data Division *OR* the Procedure
Division.

If fact, if it is "distinct" set of logic that you want to share, you can
create a NESTED PROGRAM to do the logic - and include the entire nested
program as a copy member.  Otherwise, you can use Paragraphs, Sections, or
just "multiple lines of logic" as a copy member.

If this isn't what you are asking about, please further explain your
question.

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...