From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 12:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Can't Cancel a CICS Region

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:45:20 -0500, Patrick O'Keefe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>And since SDSF was mentioned, did you know that giving the STC
>a Z command gives the STC a FORCE?  That scares the begeebers
>out of me.  Is FORCE now considered safe enough to be done that
>easily?
>
>It looks like that is available only for STCs (and I have not been
>brave enough to try it) so that may not matter in this case.  A lot
>of shops run CICS as jobs rather than STCs.

The comments are bad.  The "C*" commands are JES2 cancel.
The "K*" commands and "Z" issue an MVS cancel / force.  The
K/Z work fine for a batch job as well as STCs.

C     Cancel a job.
CA    Cancel a job that is defined to Automatic
      Restart Manager (ARM).
CD    Cancel a job and take a dump.
CDA   Cancel a job that is defined to ARM, and take a dump.
K     Cancel a started task (system cancel).
KD    Cancel a started task and take a dump (system cancel).
Z     Cancel a started task (system force).

--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]