1) Microcode updates are usually documented in ResourceLink.
2) EC holds are usually benign. i.e. the code will install, but be
ineffective until the required MCL is installed. IOW, go ahead and
install the PTF. When the MCL is loaded, the code will become effective.
3) UA90380 appears to be the PTF to enable the z/10 IOCP. See info apar
II14328 and apar OA22001.

HTH,

<snip>
The PTF 90380 contains several HOLD's, one of them is HOLD REASON(EC)
which say that I should have EC J99677 MCL 333.
I checked - I don't have it. My microcode level is up to date - that's
what I'm getting when trying to retrieve new code from IBM.
</snipP