I was wondering (though I might be wrong) if the use of INCLUDE statements
might not help.

Inside the PROC itself you could have

//IGYCW  PROC
//COMPILE EXEC PGM=xxxxx
//  INCLUDE MEMBER=DEVEL1   Developers Copylib Dataset
//  INCLUDE MEMBER=APPL1    Specific Application Copylib Dataset
//  INCLUDE MEMBER=SYSLIB1  System specific Copylib Dataset

Then in your PROCLIB dataset you would have coded for each member

Member DEVEL1
//SYSLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=DEVELP.COPYLIB    a data set always used.

Member  APPL1
//*

Member SYSLIB1
//  dd disp=shr,dsn=sys1.igycopy1
//  dd disp=shr,dsn=sys1.copylib

The expansion should look like

//COMPILE EXEC PGM=xxxxx
//SYSLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=DEVELP.COPYLIB
//*
//        DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.IGYCOPY1
//        DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.COPYLIB

This way you would not need to know how many or where to put your over
rides.  You can update the Include members with what you want to use.

Lizette