Just something to be aware of when ordering z/OS V1R10. IBM has just
withdrawn Enterprise COBOL for z/OS V3R4 (5655-G53) from marketing. What
was not expected is when we ordered a ServerPac which should include
COBOL, it is not included. What could be included is Enterprise COBOL for z/OS
V4R1 (5655-S71); SURPRISE.

After much discussion with our SE and ServerPac team, they offered a "fee
service" to put together a COBOL distribution of 5655-G53 to ship to us. After
much more discussion and exchanging tears of injustice IBM agreed to send a
CBPDO as a final gesture for N/C.

OK, first for the observation. The SE's back in the 20th Century looked out for
us as far as keeping tabs on software upgrades, etc, advising and reminding
us to order, etc.  Seems in this new 21st Century I get to monitor all the
Announcement letters on my own and look out for Ole #1 (the new way).

Question:  are others finding this to be true and if so, what tools or things
do
you use to keep pace with withdrawls, etc, for what you own?

thanks   jim