On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 07:25:04 +1000, Shane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>[..]
>Really, it shouldn't be this difficult to find the info we want/need.

Indeed.  Isn't there some sort of 'minimum documentation' requirement?  Since
we no longer have any hardcopy, we ought to have usable software.  PDF just
doesn't cut it.  Search and index bite, plus the sundry issues already cited.
BookManager and Librarian are great tools - it's a shame IBM is giving up on
them.  Now that it's written in Java, isn't it easy and cheap enough to
maintain and port the code (forget Vista, but what about the many flavors of
Linux, z OS', Mac OS, etc.)?

Once again, they forsake a superior product in the name of ubiquity.  <SIGH>

Regards,
Art Gutowski
Ford Motor Company