From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Pace
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SMPE question

Yes, that part I knew.  The embarrassing part is that I'm still trying
figure out how to get SMPE to tell me what versions of software I'm
running.  It was so much easier in VSE.  MSHP RETRACE.

Thanks for your help!

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Depending on the version of SMPE
>
> PTF UO00700 should be installed on SMP/E 3.3 or UO00701 should be
installed
> on  SMP/E 3.4.
>
> Lizette
>

> >No, the last RSU I applied was 0801.
> >
> >I found the found the APAR in IBMLink.  But I can't tell which PTF I
need.
> >UO00700, UO00701, or UO00702
> >
> >On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Mark, do you have PTF    on your SMPE 3.4 system?
> >>
> >> FIXCAT HOLDDATA is incompatible with prior releases of SMP/E. It
can
> only
> >> be processed by SMP/E 3.5. Coexistence APAR IO07480 is provided for
> SMP/E
> >> 3.3 and SMP/E 3.4 to enable those releases to silently ignore the
FIXCAT
> >> HOLDs when they are present in the SMPHOLD file. The PTF for APAR
> IO07480
> >> (PTFs UO00700 or UO00701) must be installed on SMP/E 3.3 or SMP/E
3.4.
> >> Failure to install these PTFs will cause the RECEIVE command to
fail
> with
> >> message GIM20311E and GIM56701E when processing SMP/E HOLDDATA,
after
> the
> >> availability of z/OS 1.10. When installed, this fix will ignore
FIXCAT
> >> ++HOLD statements during RECEIVE processing of HOLDDATA when using
SMP/E
> 3.3
> >> or SMP/E 3.4.
> >>
> >> The PTFs for APAR IO07480 (UO00700 and UO00701) are available in
> RSU0803.
> >>
> >> Note: Users running a SMP/E release prior to 3.3 will not be able
> >> process ++HOLDs after the general availability of z/OS 1.10.
> >>

> >> Lizette

SMPHOLD.

Mark Pace
Mainline Information Systems